Firearms 101: The Basics
This is the course for beginners
Go from “zero to proficient” in just 3 hours!
Firearms 101 Course Rates:
Special group rates are available. Organize a group of friends or family and save:
2 persons………………$60 each
3 persons………………$55 each
4 or more………………$50 each
What you will learn in this course:
- How a gun works and how to safely operate it – rifle , handgun, or shotgun
- Ammunition types – for target and for self defense purposes
- Important firearm and range safety rules
- How to safely load, aim, shoot, and hit the target with confidence!
- How to disassemble, clean, re-assemble a gun
- Suggested firearms for your personal self-defense needs: home, CCW, vehicle, otherNote: If you bring your own gun, bring your owner’s manual. If you don’t have the manual, we may be able to get one for you. We just need to know the make, model, and caliber prior to the class. Please do not bring loaded firearms to the class.
Don’t own a gun yet, but want to learn how to operate one? Rent one of ours for $15.00
Firearms 101 is a 3-hour, practical, hands-on course held at a professional shooting range in Palomino Valley. This course is weather dependent.
How to sign up for Firearms 101:
- Call us at 775.842.6409 to schedule your private class or group class. This course is on demand, and does not appear as a fixed date on our web calendar
- Pay for the class in advance by credit card (VISA, M/C, and Discover accepted).
Cancellation / Refund Policy Notice
– Please read carefully –
If we cancel a course, we will issue a refund to you. You may opt, instead, to apply your payment to a future course, the date for which will be set and agreed upon by both parties. We rarely cancel a course. When we do, it is almost always due to inclement weather.
If you choose to cancel your reservation, let us know by phone (not text or email) at least 48 hours before the course day. Your payment can then be applied toward a future class, but a new range fee may apply, if applicable. No refunds are issued for your cancellation.
We do not issue refunds or future credits to “no shows.”