NEVADA CCW INITIAL CLASS
CCW Initial Course Rates
1 person…………… $100
2 persons…………. $90 each
3 persons…………..$80 each
4 persons…………..$70 each
5 or more ………….$60 each
Optional Private Class (One on One) with the Instructor
One person ……….. $225
Private Group Class (just your group) …….call for rates
Why take our course? Our CCW Course offers great value because you will receive:
- Nevada CCW Certificate issued on the same day
- Training in a clean, comfortable classroom
- Live fire training on a clean, orderly range, not in a desert junkyard
- Stress-free, friendly training with positive feedback
- Mature, polite, patient instruction (no “Rambos” here at SFT)
- Rental guns for only $15.00 each, which includes 30 rounds of ammo
- Recreational shooting (fun time) on reactive steel targets!
- Free range safety gear loaners (ear & eye protection)
- Unbiased firearm recommendations for your unique needs
How we do it:
The classroom and the shooting range are both located in Palomino Valley, within a short drive of each other, so we can start at 8 am and finish at 4:30 pm.
Need to renew your existing CCW permit? You need the CCW Renewal Class.
Click here for information.
How to sign up for a class
- Click the calendar button at the top of this page and find a date that works for you
- Call us at 775.842.6409 to reserve your seat in the class by credit card. If you prefer to send a check by US Mail, you must do so at least two weeks in advance of the course date to allow time for the check to clear.
- We do not use an online signup method for this class. You must call us at 775.842.6409. Why? Because phone conversations are far more secure than online communications, especially when sensitive information and credit cards are involved.
- If you need a private class for yourself or your own group, we will work with you on scheduling a date that suits you. Call owner/instructor John Glatthar at 775.842.6409
- Initial CCW classes begin promptly at 9:00 am in our classroom in Palomino Valley. Detailed directions with a map will be emailed to you once you sign up for the course. Please do not go to the mailing address on Pyramid Highway! That is not the classroom.
- Cancellations and time changes may occur due to weather, road conditions, or other factors.
- “No shows” with no call ahead will forfeit payment for the class. An email or text is not sufficient – you must call the instructor at 775.842.6409.
What you will learn in this course:
- The Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights, and how it applies to us today
- Important federal gun laws (NFA 1934, GCA 1968, etc)
- Nevada gun laws and statutes on how to legally buy, possess, and sell a firearm
- NV statutes on the lawful use of deadly force. This is an eye opener!
- Elements of self defense
- The legal aftermath of a shooting – civil, criminal, and personal consequences
- Interacting with police while armed, or in possession of a gun in your vehicle
- How to assert your rights if an officer wants to search your vehicle
- How to legally travel with your firearms across the USA
- Choosing a gun for self defense – elements that must be considered before you buy a gun. We will have several concealed guns (semi-autos and revolvers for you to inspect. Try them at the range for only $15.00, if you wish. Bring your own ammo or reimburse us for ours.
- Holsters and concealed carry devices
- Gun safety – range etiquette, proper gun handling, universal safety rules
- How guns work – parts, nomenclature, operation, loading, unloading, firing
- Marksmanship elements – how to aim and hit the target accurately and safely
- Ammunition – types, purposes, and effectiveness of various cartridges
- Gun storage – how to achieve quick access inside the house and in your vehicle
- And much more ….
Non-resident applicants must apply in the county that they took the class in. State of Nevada residents can take the class in any county in Nevada, but must apply in the county of their residence.